Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sabbatical=Over

I've spent the last 10 days on a somewhat inadvertent break from running. Last week was crazy busy at work and I ended up taking a last-minute client trip to PA Wednesday-Thursday - no time for running. Then I was in NYC Friday-Sunday for vacation; however, I was planning to do a 12-miler in Central Park with my NY running buddy. Long story short, I drank way too much over the weekend AND came down with a cold, hence, no running. Monday night I had to travel to Columbus, where it was blustery, rainy, and I was staying in strip mall-suburbia hell. No running there either.

Tonight I figured enough was enough, so I marched out of work promptly at 5:15 and got in a lovely 5.6 mile run. Between all of my time off and my disagreeable respiratory system, I was curious to see how I'd feel once I was on the road. Actually, I felt better running today than I have felt in a LONG time. The weather was perfect, I was able to breathe, and I managed to keep my pace below 8:25 min per mile. Decent. Also, I saw a half-eaten corn dog while I was out. It was at the corner of Woodburn and Madison if you really must know.

I'm debating what to do training-wise the rest of the week. I don't think my body is up for a Coach JF speed work out just yet, so I might run a few easy miles solo to get myself back on track. We have an 18-miler this Saturday, although, I'm not as psyched out about this as I usually am. Maybe it's the cold medicine.

No comments: