Saturday, March 21, 2009

Proud...

...not of myself...I got up to run this morning and went right back to bed...and slept the rest of the day. (And no, I wasn't drinking last night, I'm just ZAPPED).

What I'm proud of are all the people training for the Pig in some form or fashion. My friend Emily, who is the original long distance runner and is training for her FIFTH marathon. My dad, who is 53 and doing his fourth marathon (although I think he's doing St. Louis this year...). My cousin Holly, who walks faster than most people run, is training for the full 26.2 for the first time. My friend Karen is also training for the full. My friend Virginia wants to run her first 5K. My friends Jule and Susie are training for the half (which is all uphill!)...it's Susie's first half and I'm having a blast hearing about her giant blisters and other "discomforts". And I love that we talk about these things as though they are badges of honor and not grotesque. Running is SUCH a sexy sport...just read this month's issue of Runner's World - one of the quotes is something like "You're not a real runner until you've pooped your pants." Ha ha.

In all seriousness, nothing makes me happier than watching people fall in love with the beautiful, wonderful thing that is running. :-)

No comments: