Sunday, October 26, 2008

Recovering from the recovery

One of the hardest things about training for the marathon was neglecting my non-running friends. Now that the race is over, everyone wants me to make up for lost time. This is awesome because my week of recovery has involved a lot of free drinks. But I’m finding that recovery is turning out to be more exhausting than the training. :-)

I decided to REALLY take the week off and do nothing physically active (unless bar hopping counts as exercise). I went out five nights in a row. I stayed up until midnight or later. I ate Cocoa Puffs and Skyline Chili. Bleh. Seven days later and my apartment is wrecked, I have no groceries, and I’m too tired to do anything except lay on the couch.

On an unrelated note, I got to experience first hand how BORING it is to spectate a race. A couple of friends did Run Like Hell on Friday night, which is a really fun 5K where everyone dresses up and runs through a cemetary. Since I’m not up to racing again yet, I just watched and held people’s gear bags. Exciting. I have a whole new appreciation for my friends and family who came out and watched the marathon last week.



The ninja, the runaway bride, and me, dressed as a spectator

No comments: