Friday, August 7, 2009

Sun Run

I have been horrible at sticking to my training schedule this week! Here it was Friday and I had only done one 4 miler...oops. I've been eating like a goat this week so my motivation to get out of bed and run 6 this morning had more to do with fitting into my jeans than it did training, but whatever. I managed to be on the road by 7 and got to smirk at all the suckers going to work so early. :-) It was already super humid and I decided to do my usual route backwards, which meant I got to run UP Delta. Bleh. I swear this is worse than running up Observatory.

Even with the heat it was a beautiful morning for a run, and I am finding that early AM runners are more friendly than night runners. Everybody I waved to waved BACK and some people were waving at me first! I got really excited about this.

About two hours after my run, one of my neighbors walked his dog through the same area I had just trotted through, only to find a...dead body. Apparently it had been there so long the police couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman at first. Not sure how the person died, but this is very creepy to me because I have probably run past that very spot about 50 times in the last six months. Also, I've been known to dash into the woods on a few occasions myself (nature calls, you know) and now I'm thinking that might not be the best idea. What's worse - crapping your pants or finding a dead body??? Augh.

No comments: