Tuesday, August 25, 2009

grumpy but speedy

Today was not a good day at work. :-) It was starting to get dark by the time I got home, but I decided I didn't care - dead bodies in the woods be damned! - I needed to go for a run. Cincinnati summer was pressing down its heavy blanket of humidity; however, my mood seemed to fuel me right up the first hill. I literally felt like I had a hand pushing at my back, and maybe I did because my first mile split was 9:20. For perspective, this split usually ranges from 10:00 to 9:30. Woot. I ended up with an average pace of 8:19 for the 4.25 miles, which is officially my fastest time since June!

I'm happy with the pace improvement although I think the better improvement was that of my mental state. I was having a pity party when I set out, but then I realized that any day I am healthy enough to run four miles can't be all that bad. Yes, I suppose I'm kind of sappy but whatever. Running helps me keep my head out of my @ss, which is a full time job really.

No comments: