Wednesday, August 5, 2009

8:25! chafing! gerbil!

Tonight was an eventful run! I was in the pissiest mood (back to juggling eight brands don't ya know) so I hauled ass up Torrence, getting to the top in 5:48, which is a solid 30 seconds faster than I have been running up that hill lately. I was doing my new 4.25 mile route and usually enjoy the smell of Busken at the corner of Madison and Edwards, but tonight it made me want to puke. This is great because it means I was working hard. :0

When I turned the corner onto Edwards I saw a gerbil! WTF was a gerbil doing running around Hyde Park??? The little guy was running along next to me for a hot minute, then took off behind some flower pots at Wild Ginger. So random. By the time I hit Erie, I was excited to get a red light and take a break, which is when I realized I was experiencing some, er, chafing. It's a little humid out, so I was drenched, but the problem was in an area I have never experienced. Let's just say I could have used some Nip Guards. Again, WTF? I was wearing my trusty Nike singlet...maybe it has gotten worn out over the years, I don't know.

At any rate, I managed to do a negative split run and average an 8:25 minute mile pace. This is pretty exciting for someone whose fastest pace in the last two weeks has been 8:57. :-)

1 comment:

Casey said...

Ah, the wild Cincinnatian Gerbil. Loves pad thai. Loves the smell of chafe.

Sounds like a hard run, but at least you got out there! :D