Thursday, February 5, 2009

Staring at the wall

I did hill repeats last night with the group (about 5 miles total) and it was so cold that my fingers hurt, to the point where I couldn't unzip my jacket pocket to get my car key out. Call it frost nip, bite, whatever you want, but enough is enough. Hence, tonight's marathon pace run was treadmill city. I just couldn't bring myself to run outside (not that I can get up my hill on foot anyway. still no sidewalk for Jen.)

Adding insult to injury, I have lost most of my iPod playlists (long story) so I left my workout music to chance and put the iPod on shuffle (Note: I don't usually run with music unless I'm tolerating the treadmill). I wound up listening to all sorts of random stuff, some of it surprisingly good for keeping pace (Let You Go by Nico Vega and Dying is Fine by Ra Ra Riot) and some of it surprisingly bad (Live Your Life by T.I....too slow). Plus I was staring at the wall the whole time and despite the fact that I was sweating buckets (yeah. gross.), the four-mile run didn't even feel like a workout. Boo.

On the plus side, I've been admitted into the double secret high-mileage group. :-) So far I've done 14 miles this week total and our run Saturday is supposed to be 14...

No comments: