Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Accidental progressive pace run

Tonight's run has me wondering...can the good people of Hyde Park not change out a lightbulb here and there? Seriously. Almost all of Torrence is dark and there are a bunch of street lights out on Grandin. I wore my little flashing bubble to avoid being hit by a car, but sometimes I wonder if that thing acts too much like a beacon, attracting the crazies in the woods who otherwise wouldn't have seen me. And...perhaps I should stop reading Stephen King novels.

At any rate, my plan was to do an easy pace today. I got in five miles of recovery on Sunday (9:48 pace) and needed to do about four miles MP tonight, ideally on a flat surface. Since I was running hills I decided to compromise and slow down, taking my splits every mile for entertainment purposes only. I ended up with:

-10:18 for mile 1
- 9:39 for mile 2
- 9:31 for mile 3

No idea what mile four was (serious lack of landmarks on the last downhill, especially with the lights out), but my watch indicated that my average pace was 9:18 for the whole run. Apparently I decided to haul @ss the last 1.3 miles. Doh. Oh well, at least I got a workout in while it's still 50 degrees. Yay for shorts! And yay for 90's rap music - I had Warren-G and Sir-Mix-a-Lot stuck in my head tonight. Mount up...

No comments: