Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Negative splits/temperatures

Our training group was scheduled to do a negative split run tonight through Hyde Park...25 minutes out and 24:59 back...or less. The coaches love to plan routes that are downhill on the first half and uphill on the back half and tonight was par for the course. We were supposed to run down Madison to Erie and see how far we could get down Erie. It was snowing when we set out, which was really pretty, and the wind was at our backs, which actually felt kind of nice because I was slightly overdressed. The run back was a different story...ugh. My fingers were so cold that I messed up my watch and didn't accurately record my split at the turnaround. Actually, I think my time was wrong in general because it said I averaged an 8:09 pace. I would love to believe this is true but I felt more like I was doing a 9:30. Regardless, I was happy to get in seven miles on a weeknight...

I ran last night too - about 4.5 miles. Yesterday's run was great because I saw a couple of friends who are training with the Running Spot half Pig group (they run on Tuesdays). I REALLY miss running with those guys. I was spoiled with that group last year - so many of us ran the same pace - it was tons of fun and I always had a buddy to run with. My marathon buddies are excellent too, they're just all faster than me. :-)

I think I'm going to take the next two days off. It's supposed to be 10 degrees tomorrow and anyway, I'm running out of clean winter technical gear...

No comments: