Saturday, November 15, 2008

The off season…

Not much to blog about right now. I’m working 10-hour days and am barely squeezing in 15-20 miles each week. Most of my runs are pretty uninteresting. I run 4-6 miles. I run around Hyde Park. I run hills. I wear a flashing light because it’s dark whether I run in the morning or after work. Exciting, right? But, I spent 9.5 months of this year in training and I think my body is benefiting from the relaxed schedule.

Plus it’s nice to have a social life again. I’m really starting to notice some similarities between running and drinking. For instance, both of these things can:

- Cause dehydration

- Induce vomiting

- Make you swear you’re never going to do it again (but then you do it again anyway)

- Make you say dumb things (I’m nonsense after a 20-miler. I’m nonsense after piles of beer. Go figure.)

- Make you forget that you’ve had a really bad day

I could keep going but I won’t. Anyway, I prefer running. ☺

No comments: